Finnish-born Eero Saarinen sought out the essential idea and reduced it to the most effective structural solution. He designed Tulip chair in terms of its setting, rather than a particular shape in 1956. Saarinen realized his ideal of formal unity: "Every significant piece of furniture has a holistic structure." with the Tulip. He wins the 1969 Museum of Modern Art Award, that populates the under-carriage of most dining sets.
- Molded ABS or fiberglass shell
- Luxury selection: Fibreglass with full fabric cover
- Die-cast aluminum base with swivel function
- Fabric cushion - various colour selections
- Dimensions: W50 x D46 x H82cm